Located at Tables P12 and P13 in the Parish Hall
Vintage early instruments mostly from the collection of cornett maker John McCann, including a full consort of Renaissance recorders pitched at A=440 Hz made by Bernard Junghänel of plumwood with natural oiled finish. This set includes a Renaissance Great Bass and Contrabass made of curly maple, and packed in a custom case. You’ve got to see them to believe them!
All instruments will be thoroughly sanitized between trials with Sterisol, a proven germicide disinfectant that will do no harm to the finish, keys or wood and render them safe for others to try.
Also on display:
- An SATB consort of crumhorns (capped reeds) by Gunter Korber, made of maple with a natural oil finish. The durable plastic reeds are in excelent condition.
- A Venetian style Great Bass crumhorn by Lyn Elder in stained maple with a cane reed, can be sold with the Korber crumhorn consort or separately.
- SATB consort of rauschpfifes by Gunter Korber. Maple with natural oil finish and cane reeds. These medieval shawms are in beautiful condition.
- Great Bass rauschpfife also by Gunter Korber, same as above. May be sold individually or with the SATB consort.
- Soprano and Alto rauschpfife duo by Gunter Korber – stained maple and varnished finish, with plastic reeds.
- Gorgeous alto and tenor recorders by Friedrich von Huene, both in mint condition, in grenadilla with ivory fittings, made in the early 1970s. The tenor has C/C# keys as well as D/D# keys in silver.
- An assortment of Baroque recorders by Joachim Paetzold including a soprano and pair of F altos at A440 (in a duo case), a 6th flute (soprano in D) and an F alto pitched at A392. The collection also includes another F alto at A392 by Junghänel.
- Also avaliable are a San Francisco ensemble’s collection Moeck Renaissance consort recorders (2 sopranos, 4 F altos and 4 tenors – 3 unkeyed and 1 with key and fontanelle), available separately, in sets, or as a collection.
- A small set of medieval bagpipes, a hognose psaltery with delicate rosette set into the sound hole, and a few other miscellaneous small instruments.
PO Box 370069
Montara, CA 94037